OmniGroup's task management application OmniFocus, based on the Getting Things Done (GTD) methodology of David Allen, has grown to one of the main topics of my blog. Since 2009 I have been collecting and writing about tips and tricks that help putting OmniFocus to work whether you are just starting with it or are looking for ways to improve your current setup or workflow. The collection of the most popular and essential OmniFocus posts below will hopefully help you to navigate the site a bit better if you are looking for help with your productivity setup.
These posts should get you started with OmniFocus or improve your understanding of the general structure and features.
- Making Sense of Single Action Lists
- How to effectively use Folders in OmniFocus
- Defining and Managing Contexts in OmniFocus
- A Fresh Take on Contexts
- Creating a Today Perspective
- A Perspective for 'Waiting Fors' and Agendas
- The Ultimate Next Action Perspective
- Enhancing the Due Perspective
- Staying on Top with a Daily Routine and OmniFocus
- OmniFocus Minimalism: Getting Up and Running in 5 Minutes
The More Advanced Stuff
If your are looking to hack your OmniFocus experience and improve the integration with other tools in your workflow the below posts are for you.
- The Top 5 OmniFocus AppleScripts
- The Ultimate Perspective Icons
- Get Evernote and OmniFocus Talking
- Linking Evernote notes and OmniFocus Tasks
- Tracking Project and Actions with OmniFocus and TextExpander
- Saved Searches in Perspective
- Integrating Outlook 2011 for Mac and OmniFocus
- Search an Open OmniFocus Projects with Alfred
- Tracking 'Waiting For' Emails in OmniFocus
Other OmniFocus Resources
My blog is definitely not the only source when it comes to OmniFocus tips and tricks. The OmniGroup and a number of fellow bloggers share fantastic content that helps with your productivity setup as well. Make sure you also check out the below sites.
- The most comprehensive OmniFocus learning platform around is Learn OmniFocus by Tim Stringer featuring lot of helpful articles, screencasts and webinars
- Using OmniFocus by Kourosh Dini: eBook and Audiobook about OmniFocus plus a great blog and resource page
- David Spark's OmniFocus posts and screencasts at MacSparky.com
- Jeff Hunsberger's OmniFocus for Beginners Series
- The awesome collection of OmniFocus AppleScripts by Justin Lancy on his Veritrope.com site
- Inside OmniFocus is a great site curated my OmniGroup with a number of guest posts, tips & tricks
- The OmniGroup also offers some very good resources on their support pages as well as very lively user forums
Finally you will find many of the people I read and listen to covering OmniFocus topics on an infrequent basis.